What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network is a service that allows for the creation of a secure connection to another server over the internet. The system guarantees security by encrypting and transmitting data as you travel from one server to another. It allows individuals to connect to the internet through an encrypted channel that protects their privacy and secures protection for sensitive data. Common use cases of a VPN are to hide IP addresses and privacy when browsing and secure connection to a public Wi-Fi hotspot. Through a VPN, one can gain access to specific websites that are restricted or have censorship blocks.
How a VPN Service Works
First, the VPN service must be switched on when one wants to secure his/her data over a VPN. By so doing, the server will be to one of the VPN provider’s servers. One is provided by an IP address to that particular server to use, instead of their own. The system ensures that one’s internet connection is encrypted between their device and that of the server they are using, preventing unauthorized access. A VPN service allows individuals to hide their IP address and be able to browse over a network privately or securely without being tracked or traced.
Why you should use a VPN on your holiday
- With the rising number of privacy invasions and cyber fraud, it is crucial to protect oneself from such troubles through a VPN. These are some of the reasons you should use a VPN service on public Wi-Fi on your holiday.
- When you move to a new location, a VPN service like Nordvpn will change your online location when you relocate your IP address to the home country and allow you to enjoy your screen time without worrying about any geo-restrictions.
- During holidays, individuals come across Wi-Fi train stations, and other public places. Having a Nordvpn will protect your device from any potential risks within the public Wi-Fi spots. Cybercriminals will not be able to access important information such as passwords, emails, credit card numbers, or flight plans.
- To bypass government internet censorship. It is common to find some countries that only allow their citizens to access specific websites. When you encounter such, switch on your VPN and gain unrestricted access to such websites.
- A VPN service will also allow you to avoid location-based price targeting. Some businesses use individuals’ internet data to access their location and use the same for pricing. By seeking services through an incognito mode e.g., through Nordvpn, you can get fairer deals and cheaper flights.
- It is essential to use a VPN to hide your internet activity while on holiday. These activities are private and ensuring that no one can follow you up is the best thing. Some channels of communication, such as Snapchat, WhatsApp, email, and Skype, may not be encrypted and susceptible to external unauthorized access. A Nordvpn is the extra layer of security that you need to communicate, interact, and browse privately.